Don't Do These Things If You Get Arrested
Getting arrested is a scary experience. It's hard to know what to do when you get arrested, and it can be even harder if you're not sure how the legal system works.
At Didn't Do It Bail Bonds we've created this guide to help people understand their rights in different situations, so they'll know what to expect when they get arrested. This will hopefully make the process less stressful for them and allow them to focus on getting out of jail as soon as possible.
Many individuals who are arrested and charged with a crime they did not commit are shocked. If you find yourself in this type of scenario, there are several things to avoid!
When you get arrested, there are three main things you should know:
1) Don't say anything without a lawyer present. Nothing good happens when the police question a suspect who isn't represented by an attorney. It's not uncommon to think that if you just explain yourself, the police will let you go home. But any details you share can and will be used against you.
2) Don't sign any documents before speaking with your attorney. This seems like a no-brainer, but it's all too common for people to sign plea deals without understanding the consequences of those actions.
3) Don't reach out to anyone on social media or post anything online about your case. The information is out there, and it can be seen by anyone. You don't want to give the impression that you're guilty or start rumors about your case.
4 Things You Should Never Do If You Are Arrested
1. Resist The Arrest
- Any form of resistance may be seen as a crime.
- The police may mistake your conduct for a threat.
2. Say Too Much
- Guilt is associated with this behavior.
- If you say anything, it can be used against you in court.
3. Agree To Help
- Police officers use a variety of methods to persuade you to confess your guilt.
- They make statements that are untrue to obtain the outcomes they want.
4. Implicating Others
- It might suggest your involvement if you point the finger at others for the accused act.
- It will imply that you are aware of the event in some way.
Reasons To Hire A Bail Bond Company
- Bail bondsmen have dealt with the arrest procedure before.
- They can help you get things done more quickly.
- They reduce the cost of getting out of jail quickly.
- They may handle your paperwork for you.
- The bail bondsmen can also help you avoid financial scrutiny.
My name is Darrel Luth and I am the proud owner of Didn't Do It Bail Bonds. I am a retired Marine and served my Country proudly. I have been in the bail bond business for over 6 years and am one of the most successful bail bondsmen in Arizona. I attribute my success to hard work, integrity, and treating my clients with respect.